Joris van der Pol
Algemeen directeur OMS
In three words: Gedreven, ondernemend, ongeduldig.
Espresso. And really the Italian variety; strong, freshly brewed by a knowledgeable barista, and -just like in Italy- for a euro.
This interview has been translated, the original language is: Dutch
- In your free time, what do you like to do most?
- Cycling is something I really enjoy doing. And I am always struck by how many people in media share this hobby, there are even whole media teams that have ridden Alpe d'Huzes!
- Did you know that I…
- very love to build Lego
- Where would you go in a time machine and with whom/why?
- May 17, 1960, to Radio Veronica's transmitting ship on the North Sea. I think it would be cool to see how radio history in the Netherlands started there. Gladly with Peter Mulder, with him I share much of my working life.
- What is your favourite movie?
- The Founder. Great story about the real origins of McDonald's, the sometimes unpaved road that organizations must take to become or remain successful.
- What book would you recommend?
- The Prey. Interesting and engaging account of Holland's pride ABN Amro.
- Can you recommend a good restaurant?
- Am very fan of Graphite, a speakeasy in Amsterdam, nice experience. But my real favorite I keep for me, at least I always have a table....
Last but not least
- What is your favourite quote?
- "Fail harder". Check vooral de video van W+K
- Who would you like to see in this section?
- Peter Mulder of Mediabrands. Good friend and professionally one of my longest relationships.